Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Show Me the Path

Good morning, let's start in Ps. 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth". I have been thinking about this verse, since yesterday morning. As you know I had told you that as of yesterday I would be correcting the misspelling in the address of the blog. Thursday afternoon (or whatever day I posted that), I checked and verified that the corrected address was available, which it was. Then Monday morning when I went in to actually make the change, I found out someone had claimed it out from under me. So now I am facing a couple of decisions. First of all, I want the address correct, this is God's work it should be correct in every way, He deserves it.
There are two ways I can correct this, I can either find another address totally, which I have thought about making some rather large changes. After all this has evolved into something different than I originally thought it would be. So if I go with a different name, then I can make sure things are correct. However, I feel the name "My Conversation with God", is one I want to stick with.
The other option is to move to a different host. With that option, there are hundreds of host available. So that thought is almost overwhelming.
So right now I am sitting here trying to "be still and know the He is God". I am waiting on Him to show me His plan. If you remember our lesson on 1Kings 19:12, when God sent Elijah onto Mount Horeb, there was a series of natural disasters, then the still small voice of God. Elijah stayed put where he was supposed to be, he did not turn and run, and because of that he was blessed by hearing the voice of God. That voice told him what he was to do next. I am waiting on that voice, I have heard that voice several times in my life, and I know that God will tell me what He wants me to do.
I feel that He is giving me a test right now. He is also teaching me again to wait on Him to direct my path. Ps. 16:11 "Thou wilt shew me the path of life; in they presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore". This is something that I must remember.
I have to admit that the last few weeks I have had to rely on Ps 27 especially starting with vs 11 "Teach me thy way O LORD, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies. (13) I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. (14) Wait on the LORD; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart; wait, I say on the LORD".
First I want to make it clear that there are no human enemies. There are people that I have had conflict with, but they are not my enemies. They are good Christian people there was just some misunderstandings between us. Now Satan has tried to use that conflict to discourage me. Do you remember a couple of months ago we talked about the meaning of the word "wait". Do you remember how I showed that it means to depend on God for everything. Again that may not be the "original" meaning, but if you follow the phrase "wait on God, (the LORD)" you will see that once you put all the times it was used together, there is a common theme, wait on God to provide (whatever is needed at the moment), strength, wisdom, guidance, provisions, in other words everything.
Worrying about a small misspelling may seem silly to some, and any other time I would agree. But God has directed me to be a steward of this blog. He has made a special place in my heart for this work, after all this was originally intended to help me, to give me a place to connect His word to the trials, tribulations, and pain I go through. Coming here everyday, brings joy to my heart. I was told that I needed to stop trying to help others, until I knew what I was talking about. What that person does not understand is that I am not here to help others, I am here for me. But, God is here to help the rest of you, He is just using my struggles to do it. I have never claimed to be an expert, just a normal Christian with problems, that is depending on God to carry Him through, and I am willing to share my problems with you, as He told me to.
Ps. 26:6-7, "I will wash mine hands in innocency; so will I compass thine alter, O LORD: That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all they wondrous works".

No comments:

Post a Comment