Friday, September 3, 2010

Statement of Faith Pt. 1

I guess a day late is better than never. I was just wondering the other day, just how many of us have actually sat down and read the Christian Statement of Faith. There are as many different versions as there are people who have written them. When I say different versions, I mean that they all should say the exact same thing, however one person might just give a basic one page statement, with 10 points, and just one or two sentences on each point. The next person may, take 4 or 5 pages, to cover the exact same 10 points. What I grouped together in one point someone else may list separately as 4 points. I have copied and pasted (with permission) two different list since the beginning of the blog, one was just a basic set, the other an extremely complex list. However I did not like either, if it's too basic there just is not enough information for someone who is not a Christian to understand completely, if it is too complex, even the most mature Christian can have trouble following it, and will get bored. So I have sat down and tried to make it as simple to read as possible, while including good amount of information without going into overload. I have to admit, that it is going to be difficult to do much more than just paste the list here. I believe I have explained things about as well as they can be explained in the list. I gave supporting verses for each one of the points, but I just gave chapter and verse, with anywhere from 5-10 verses for each point, it would have increased the length to a point of enormous length, so I will probably just expand a few of those verses, and tie them together. I am just going to have to pray and let God lead, and control my fingers, I always try to "let Him use my fingers to do the walking". I know He is leading me to do this, so I know He will help me.

1. The Bible is the inspired Word of God. It was written by men, as God placed it on their hearts. As such it is without error, is infallible and is the standard by which we should live.
Acts 1:16, Romans 15:4, 2 Timothy 3:16-17, 1 Peter 1:23, 2 Peter 1:21,
Revelation 22:18-19
What else needs to be said? God spoke through the prophets of old to write the 66 books that we have now. The Bible contains no errors, it is perfect in every way, it is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

2. There is only one living and true God, who exist in a Trinity consisting of God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Three persons inhabiting the same body equal in divine perfection, executing distinct buy equal functions.
Genesis 1:26, Matthew 28:19, Mark 12:30, John 4:24, 10:30, 1Corinthians 8:6, 12:4-6,
2Corinthins 13:14, Ephesians 2:13-18, Philippians 2:5-6, Hebrews 9:14, 1Peter 1:2
Isn't it great to know that we do serve a living God? Our God is not a piece of wood, or stone, our God is actually capable of thought, of assisting us, of loving us. Our God does not have a spot or blemish, He is not cracked, or molded, or termite infested.

3. Satan was once a holy angel, but through pride and ambition to be equal to the Almighty God, fell from grace, and is now man’s great tempter and the enemy of God. He is destined to be defeated at the hands of God the Son, and eternal damnation in hell.
Isaiah 14:12-15, Matthew 4:1-3, 25:41, Luke 22:3-4, 2Corintians 11:13-15, Ephesians 2:2
1Thessalonians 3:5, 2Thessalonians 2:8-11, Revelation 19:20, 20:1-3 &10
I believe that Satan is jealous of man, we have God's love, we have been invited into heaven, he was kicked out. Even though it is not possible for us to be equal with God, Jesus did become equal with man for a short time, and Satan was made lower than man.

I'm going to stop there for today, to stay within the average length I have tried to maintain from the beginning. I hope to cover more tomorrow, because there won't be a need for the beginning explanation.

No comments:

Post a Comment