Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Such a Time as This

It took me a little while to get over the stuff that happened last week, but last night God gave me Ester 4:14 "For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, then shall there enlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place; but thou and thy father's house shall be destroyed: and who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?"So I knew that I needed to get back to work no matter what. I did not realize just how much this blog meant to me, until I started back writing. It lifts my soul, it gives me joy, and I learn so much. But more importantly I feel the presence of God around me as I write.
In the Bible we see a lot of people that were put where they were for such a time as this. First of course is Ester, as she saved the Jews from annihilation by Haman. Then there was Isiah who said "Here am I send me", in Is 6:5. There was Philip who was in the right place to witness to the Ethiopian, starting in Acts 8:26.
Hebrews chapter 11 list several people who where there for such a time as this. There was Abel, who offered a better sacrifice. Enoch who walked with God, and was translated. Then there was Noah, who built the ark and saved his family, and all the animals. Abraham and Sara, who obeyed God and became parents at 100 years old, and gave birth to the nation of Israel. Moses and his parents were at the right place at the right time. Joshua and Israel as they took over the promised land. Rahab the harlot as she saved the spies. And so many more that there is not room to list them all.
Yes I know that Hebrews 11 is technically a list of those with great faith. However is faith not being where God wants you, when He wants you there and doing what He wants you to do when you are there. When the time is right, God puts us all where He wants us, and He has something for all of us to do while we are there. The question is do we have the faith we need in order to do it.
Ester was afraid for her life, yet she had enough faith to be used of God, where she was, when she was there.
What is your "such a time as this"? Do you have enough faith to do what God wants?

1 comment: