Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Answer to Everything

First I need to say that if there are any places in today's devotion, that don't exactly sound right, or even make sense, I was up most of the night. As you know this last couple of weeks has been rough on me. Anytime you start doing something for God, Satan is going to attack, and I am ashamed to say that he has had some victories in my life during this time, especially the last few days. Please pray for me, that God and I will regain the victory, and that Satan will have to back off.

Having said that turn to Ex. 40, we will be looking at the setting up of the tabernacle. This is covered in verses 16-38, however I am just going to be discussing the items located inside the tabernacle, and will give you the verse I am looking at. The first thing we see in vs 18-19 is the building itself. The important thing to see is that Moses did as he was commanded. Then in vs 20-21 we see the tablets containing the Ten Commandments being placed inside the Ark of the Covenant, and the Mercy Seat being placed on top. The tablet represents the Law, which is engulfed by the promise, and giving of the blood of Christ. In vs. 22-23 Moses places a table inside the tabernacle, and places just some bread on it.
Next in vs 24-25 he places a candlestick next to the table, signifying the Light of the World. Verses 26-27, describe a golden alter which was used to burn sweet incense, showing how God is everywhere. Then he hangs a door across the opening to the Holy of Holies, in vs 28. Next is the alter of Burnt offering in vs. 29 also signifying the sacrifice Christ would make. And finally in vs 30 is the laver, that the priest used to wash their hands and feet, showing how our sins would be washed away.
I bet you think I forget to cover the table and bread, actually I just wanted to cover everything else first. What you need to notice is there was nothing on the table but the bread. Bread? The bread was not to be ate, so why was it there? The answer is in John 6:35 "And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life; he that cometh to Me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst". Then if vs 51 "I am the living bread which came down from heaven;if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever; and the bread that I will give is My flesh, which I will give for the life of the world". There was nothing on the table except the bread, because it was a picture of Jesus, who is all we need. No matter what we will never need anything more than Jesus.
Some people would say, we need more than just Jesus, we need a job, food, shelter etc., what they don't realize is that if you have Jesus, He will give you all that other stuff. "Therefore I say unto you, take no thought for you life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on." Matt 6:25, vs 33 "But seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you". There was no need for anything else on the table. Jesus is the answer to everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment