Saturday, May 22, 2010

Angel's Unawares

I worked with this man one time, he was probably one of the most Godly men I have ever met. Even though he and his family was going through a tough time, there was considerable financial problems due to other things that were going on. One day as he left work, he reached the end of the drive, we noticed that he sat there for a rather long time. Then the next morning, as he was coming in, he pulled into the drive, then just stopped and sat there a few minutes before continuing to the building. When asked about it, he told this story about picking up a guy the day before, carrying him home, feeding him, then giving him a place to sleep, before bringing him back to our parking lot, where there happened to be a Greyhound Bus stop. His wife, and three kids backed up his story about the existence of this man. After this, the family had no more financial problems.
I believe, and you will never convince me different, is found in Heb. 13:2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares. We see several places in the scripture where angels made themselves visible to man, in order to minister to him, to protect him, or to deliver a message to him.
I don't know if I have ever been presented with this opportunity, but I hope that if God ever chooses to minister to me this way, that I will pass the test. What about you, do you want God to send an angel your way?

No comments:

Post a Comment