Friday, May 28, 2010

Any other Gospel

Right now we are searching for a new church, there are a lot of reasons, mainly our home church which we still love, is just a little to far away from us. Herein lies the problem, not all churches teach the same thing. I was raised in a very conservative independent fundamental Baptist church. Over the years, my convictions have changed some, I am not as conservative as I used to be. However that is not the problem, Gal 1:8 says "...though we or an angel...preach any other gospel...let him be accursed". What gospel is that? Rom 3:24, & 28 "Being justified freely by His grace...", "a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law". Then in Titus 3:5 & 7, "...but according to His mercy He saved us...", "That being justified by faith". In other words, we are saved by faith through His mercy and grace, and not because of any thing we do. There is nothing that we or any other person can do, that can redeem us of our sins.
However, Jas. 2:17 says that faith without works is dead. Then it goes on to say that a man that has faith will have a desire to do works. The works will not save him, but the works are an outpouring of his faith.
So how does someone develop this faith in Jesus Christ, His death, burial, and resurrection? Rom. 10:17 says "faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God". They hear when a Christian preaches, or teaches the Bible. When a Christian does work. When a Christian preaches John 14:6 "No man cometh to the Father but by me".
I hope I am doing my part. I hope I am doing the work that God wants me to.

2 comments:

  1. I have no doubt that you're doing the work God wants you to do, Robby! These blogs are such a blessing to my heart, if that is any indication.
    And I'm certain they are to others also whether they leave a comment or not. I need these reminders from the Word every day of my life.
    Blessings to you and your family! Have a wonderful and safe Memorial day weekend! ~ Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting that you consider yourself not as concervative as before. What truely is important is that we are Biblical. Sadly, too many people are like the Pharisees and want to live by a list instead of a relationship. Finding a church that is truely a Bible teaching has been harder than we expected, having just come from a church that is very legalistic. I will be praying you can find a church that teaches the Word and will be an encouragement to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete