Monday, May 24, 2010

Who do you serve?

In Joshua chapter 24, it is coming to the end of Joshua's life, and he is addressing the Israelite's for the last time. He is warning the people of worshiping the false god's of the land, he also reminds them of all the great things that God has done for them until this point. Then in verse 15 he says "And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve;... but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."
We have to choose daily whom we will serve, whether it be God, the church, our friends, or Satan. The truth is if we are not serving God we are serving Satan. I pray daily that I choose to serve the LORD. If we have any hope of staying faithful to Him, we have to pray this daily, sometimes hourly.
There have been many times in my life, that I have said "I will serve the LORD", then turned around and turned my back to God, and did my own thing. There are so many times that I can not pick one to tell you about today. Especially since they all ended so badly that I am embarrassed to admit it. Every time I did this, I had to get on my knees and beg God to not only forgive me, but to clean up my mess, then do whatever needed to be done to start with. I am glad that we have a God that forgives us when we go astray. Is 53:6 "All we like sheep have gone astray: we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all". I am so glad that God choose to love me enough to send His Son to suffer the cross of Calvary in order to provide a way to pay the penalty of my sin. He knew that I would stray, so He made a way for me to return to His fold. If He loved me enough to die for me, surely I can choose to serve Him, and live for Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment