Wednesday, May 26, 2010

How to Pray Pt 2

In John 15:13-15 we see what a friend is. Verse 13 "a man lay down His life for a friend." My key verse is verse 14, Jesus says "I am your Friend." I don't know about you but when I am upset, worried or scared about something, I seek out a friend I can talk to, and receive comfort from. I just showed where Jesus said He is our friend. Who could be a better friend than Jesus?
When I talk to my human friends, I talk just like I am talking now, not in the manner I discussed yesterday. Some of the most uplifting, draw me closer to God prayer meetings I have had, were those times that I got alone, just me and Jesus, and I talked to Him like I would a friend.
In John 11:11, Jesus says "Our friend Lazarus", this was just after He found out that Lazarus had died, He then went and called Lazarus from the grave. If He called His friend Lazarus from the grave, what will He do for us?
"What a friend we have in Jesus, all our sins and griefs to bear". How great is it to know that He is not only willing to carry our sins, but He wants us to come to Him with all our griefs, worries, problems, and concerns.
"There is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother", Prov. 18:24b. Closer than a brother? To be closer than a brother He would actually have to be part of you. The Bible tells us that when we ask Jesus to forgive us of our sins, the Holy Spirit, comes and lives in our heart. That would make Him part of us.
Now look at Romans 8:26, the Bible says that we don't even know what we should pray for, but the Spirit helps us, then He approaches the Father, and makes intercession for us according to the will of God. So the next time you have a heavy heart, imagine that your friend Jesus is right beside you, then talk to Him about what is going on, because He is a friend that is closer to you than your own brother.

Don't forget that we have a prayer list, here on "My Conversation with God". The whole point of conversation, is two way discussion. God talking to us, and us talking to God.

1 comment:

  1. Our Father...I pray that you will give Robby the wisdom he has been seeking, and a vision for the ministry of these blogs. He has been such a blessing in my life already with his words of wisdom. Everything he has posted has gone straight to my heart and given me strength. I also ask that you be with him as he deals with the pain of his health issues. Help us always to remember that you are the source of our daily strength, and that we can always bring our worries and concerns to you, that you are the Friend that never ever fails.

    Please forgive the sins we are so aware of and also those that we may unknowingly commit. Make our lives a blessing to others and give us a listening ear as to your holy will for our lives.

    Bless our country, Lord Jesus. You know what a mess it is in, but we also know that You are in control and we are to be anxious for nothing. I also pray for our service men and women as they fight for the freedom of our country.

    Grant us the blessing of your presence this day, and help us to be a blessing to those we come in contact with. I pray your richest blessings upon Robby as he continues to bless our hearts with words that come straight from your Holy Word. Convict us and make us holy in your sight. We praise and thank you for who you are and what you did for us at Calvary. In Jesus precious name...Amen

    ReplyDelete