Thursday, May 27, 2010

I have somewhat against thee

In Revelation chapters 2 and 3, we see 7 letters to 7 churches. In 4 of these letters God says "I have somewhat against thee". After reading the passages, I see where the Christians, have gotten lax, they have gotten complaisant, they have decided to be more like the world than like Christ. I would say that this situation is not that bad. Of course you don't want God saying "I have somewhat against thee", but at this point they can still return to Christ. But in 3:15 God says "I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot:..." then in verse 16,"So then because thou art luke-warm,... I will spue thee out of my mouth." He then goes on to tell them that since they think they are "all that", to try to match His greatness, and goodness.
He then in verse 19 says that if He loves you he will rebuke and chasten you. So if He is chastening you then repent, and turn back to Him.
In all 7 letters God says "He that hath an ear let Him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches". If God, found it necessary to say it seven times, I for one want to take notice, and listen. In Mat 26:39 Jesus prayed "not my will but Thine". Jesus was willing to submit to the will of God, who am I to do any different?
I pray daily that God makes His will known unto me, and that I have the wisdom to know it, and the strength, and courage to follow it. Of course the only way to do any of those is to study His Word. 2 Tim 3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:".

1 comment:

  1. I pray that I have a listening ear everyday to what God has to say to me! Unlike some, I want to be convicted and corrected when I'm not in His will. Would that people would choose to be more like Christ and less like the world! If God has something against me I want to know it so that I can repent and work toward correcting the sin in my life.

    Blessings to you, Robby! Your devotionals are so inspirational, give me food for thought, and a lift for the day.

    ReplyDelete