Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Move or Change?

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning" Jas. 1:17 God does not change, period. "And Thou LORD, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth...and they shall be changed: but Thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail". Heb. 1:10-12. "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever" Heb 13:8. Twice now Paul has told us that the LORD does not change, and Jesus does not change either. But Paul is not the only Biblical author that tells us that God does not change. PS 102:27 "But, thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end". This Psalm is actually a prayer of the afflicted, pouring out his complaint before the LORD. If a Jew under the law, which condemns can get hope from the fact that God never changes, how much more should we be encouraged knowing that Jesus gave His life to save our souls. Knowing His grace and mercy in a way the Israelites of the Old Testament never could, how can we not be encouraged, how can we remain a victim, why can we not have joy in our hearts?
However, there is more to this than just us being encouraged, there is something that God requires of us. In Acts 20:22-24 Paul says "And now, behold I go bound in the spirit unto Jerusalem, not knowing the things that shall befall me there: Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city saying that bonds and afflictions abide me. But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry which I have received of the LORD Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God". Paul said that he was bound in the spirit, meaning that God had control of his life, and he had no choice but to follow the will of God, and go to Jerusalem knowing it would probably lead to his death. But, God had commanded that he preach the gospel, just as He commands us to tell the Good News, and so for him there was no other option, he would not be moved out of the will of God.
Turn back to Psalms, 10:6, 16:8 30:6, 62:2, there is a common phrase, and thought in all of these verses, and that is "I shall not be moved". God put me here, and I shall not be moved by any thing, person, force, situation, condition or spirit from heaven or hell, other than God Himself. I put my trust in God, and if this is where He wants me, I shall not be moved. God does not change, and neither shall I.
As long as I am in His will, and I am where He wants me, doing what He wants me too, then I can not, and shall not allow anything to change me, or move me. Unless God tell me it's time to make a change. Rom. 10:12 "For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same LORD over all is rich unto all that call upon Him". All we have to do is call on Him. Are we accessing the riches that are available to us, or do we live in spiritual poverty?

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing that God shows no partiality in who He will offer salvation to and loves us ALL unconditionally? We should follow His example by showing this same type of love one to another.

    ReplyDelete