Thursday, July 8, 2010

Sin and Sorrow

LORD God Father in heaven, I come to you this morning asking that you will open both my heart, and the heart of all those who read this. Help us to see the truth of your Word, help us to understand the mysteries that are made clear by your Spirit. I ask this in the name of Jesus the author and finisher of my faith, AMEN.

Let's start this morning in Isaiah, this is a familiar passage, but I am going to try to pull out something that is not told very often. It may seem you have heard this before, but I think I am going to a place that few go to. Start in chapter 53:4a, "Surely He hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows". vs 6c "the LORD hath laid on Him the iniquity of us all". vs 12c "He bare the sin of many and made intercession for the transgressors". As I said, this is a familiar passage, but what I want you to notice is not so much that He carried our sins and griefs, but that He carried them for everyone.
Now flip over to the New Testament, Heb. 9:28a "So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many", 1Pet 2:24a "Who His own self bare our sins in His own body". Here we see the Old Testament prophecy fulfilled in Christ, in the New Testament.
Now, if you notice all these passages tell us that He suffered the sins and griefs of every person that ever lived. That means that He knows the sorrow of the grief of death, financial problems, physical problems, relationship failure, wayward children, and every other grief and sorrow you can think of.
It also means He knows what it is like to be a thief, adulterer, to have an abortion, to have greed, jealousy, to be a homosexual, to lose your faith, and any other sin I left out.
I have had people argue with me on some of these points. They say, "I know He suffered the minor things, but I don't think that God could ever know what it is like to go through the major things, He is too Holy, He is too good, He hates those things, why would He want to know what it's like". The Bible does not say He suffered those things He wanted too, and it doesn't say He carried the minor things. It says He carried the grief and sin of us all.
Why would the most Holy LORD God suffer those things, why would he want to experience what it is like to have that in His life. The answer is found first in Heb. 2:18 "For in that He Himself hath suffered being tempted, He is able to succour them that are tempted". and in Phlp 4:7 "And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding". Because He suffered those things that we go through, He is able to completely understand what we go through. Yes, it's true that He is God, He did not have to go through those things to understand, and know what it is like, but tell me, you are going through a difficult situation and need to talk to someone about it, who would you choose, someone who had never experienced what you are going through, or someone who had been through it and overcome it.
I am here to tell you, that Jesus Christ on the cross suffered whatever you are going through, and when He rose from the dead and walked out of the grave, He overcame it, in a way no human ever could. All we have to do is trust Him, and call on Him, and allow Him to work in our life and heart.
If you have never accepted Christ as your LORD and Savior there is a link on the left side of the page to the Romans Road to Salvation, please take a look, and you can contact me if you have any questions or doubts.

1 comment:

  1. Christ has overcome the world, so He is the one I want to talk to Who knows and understands every sin I have ever committed and every painful experience I've ever had.

    Thank you, Robby, for your commitment to this blog. Sometimes I have to spend time catching up, but they do so bless my heart always, my friend! ~ Judy ~

    ReplyDelete