Sunday, July 4, 2010

Sunday go to Church Meeting

"For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them" Matt. 18:20. "they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were all sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost." Acts 2:1b-3a. "And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness." Acts 4:31
Anytime we walk into church, God is there with us. So why aren't we always filled with the Holy Spirit, and why don't we leave speaking the word of God boldly. Because we limit God. We don't gather in His name, we gather in the name of, programs, dinners, cantatas, and other good but unessential reasons. More importantly, we are not all with one accord. We all have different reasons for being there, we all have other things on our mind, and we are all more worried about what time the service is over, so we can go home and eat, than receiving the word of God. I said receiving, not hearing the word of God. PS. 78:41 "Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy one of Israel". 2 Tim. 3:1-2, tells us that in the end times, (which we are living in), that men will have a "form of godliness (small g), but deny the power thereof". On Sunday we are "SuperChristian", then Monday through Saturday we live like the devil.
In 2 Kings 13 starting in verse 14, Elisha tells king Joash to take a bow and a quiver of arrows and shoot and smite the ground. So Joash not understanding Elisha's reason, shoots three times. Elisha was furious, "you should have shot 5 or 6 times, if you had you would have utterly destroyed the Syrians in battle, but now you will only defeat them three times. We don't understand, the word of God sometimes, so instead of praying and studying and seeking guidance from others, we just half-way follow, (Or Believe) it.
Most precious LORD God, you alone are Holy, True, and Just. There is no one else that can compare with your Goodness, Kindness or Faithfulness. You are the Most High, Most Merciful, Most Grace-ful Living God. I come before you this morning, on bended knee, humbled by the love you had for me. Thank You LORD Jesus, for enduring the cross, to make a way for me to be forgiven of my sins. Thank you for continuing to work in my life, to make me what YOU want me to be.
O God, my heavenly Father, I long for the day that I am able to enter into my eternal home, and be in your presence for eternity. O God, on that day I pray that I am able to hear you say "well done thou good and faithful servant". ABBA Father, I pray that your Holy Spirit will work in my life, convicting me, leading me, correcting my path when I stray, and providing comfort when I fall.
Dear God, I pray that as we go to church today, that you will, convict us of our sins, so we may confess them, because you are faithful to forgive us, so that our heart might be right with you before we enter your house. I pray you will empty our hearts and minds, of all outside distractions, remove all fear and disbelief. Then fill us with your word, give us the message you know that we need today. LORD, lead us to repentance, give us comfort, fill us with boldness, give us strength to do what you want us to. Give us a desire to be in, and do your will.
Most gracious LORD, I pray that you will continue to work in my life, continue to lead me, to convict me, to comfort me, to strengthen me, and give me boldness to speak your word in both love and truth. Show me what it is you want me to do, you know I can be oblivious sometimes, so make it clear and obvious. Speak to me in that still small voice, I love to hear.
Thank you for always meeting my needs, even those times that you test my faith by waiting to the very last minute, especially those times, because it does increase my faith.
LORD God, I lift up to you those reading this, Father you know who they are, I lift them up to you, I pray the same things for them, that I prayed for myself. Be with them as they go to church, Help them to worship you the way you deserve to be worshiped.
I pray for this blog, Lord bless this work, increase it. Lord make sure that I only speak the truth. Help the reader to understand your message. Give me the message that you want me to bring every day. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.
I bring these petitions, in the most holy, most loving, most gracious, most faithful name of Jesus Christ the son of the only God.

No comments:

Post a Comment