Monday, July 5, 2010

A Nation

"Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD" Ps 33:12a. America is NO LONGER a nation whose God is the LORD.
I can prove this is true for one reason, and one reason only. Forget all the obvious reasons, drugs, alcohol, homosexuality, worship of money and so forth. All of these are a symptom of the real reason. Not even the fact that Christians have turned their back on God is the reason that we have left God.
"And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing and I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee; and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed". Gen. 12:2-3. We have turned our back on Israel. In this passage, God is talking to Abram, before his name was changed to Abraham. He then became father of Isaac, whose name was changed to Israel, then gave birth to the nation.
In Mat. 25:31-45 we see where Jesus was discussing the last days before His return, and He says, that when He returns that He shall gather all nations before Him. Then He shall separate those nations with the sheep on His right hand, and the goats on His left. The sheep are invited into heaven, because they feed, clothed, and ministered to Jesus when He was sick, and in prison. They ask, when did we do this to you, He answers when you did it to my brethren the Jews. The goats are told to depart into everlasting punishment because they did not do these things to the Jews.
But it's not too late for us, Jer 18:8 "If that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them". 2 Chr 7:14-15 "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways: then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. Now mine eyes shall be open, and mine ears attent unto the prayer that is make in this place". Isn't it good to know that not only is He willing to forgive us, but that we don't have to get His attention first, He is actually listening, and watching so that He knows when we pray.
How did we get in this place to start with? It is the people that we have elected to lead our country. This is not a political statement, this problem has been going on for years. Even before the current administration, or the one before. This is not about any one person or party, it's about a school of thought that has been going around for decades that says that Israel does not have a right to inhabit their own country, and does not have a right to defend their country. I am not saying that everything that Israel has done over the last few years is right, but Israel is God's chosen people. We need to stand behind them no matter what. That does not mean that we can't let them know that we think they are doing wrong, after all that is what Christian friends are for, but we should never oppose them, for any reason. Unless we want to suffer God's wrath.
We need to elect Godly leaders, that are willing to stand up and support Israel, even if it's not the politically correct thing to do. This is not going to happen without a lot of prayer.
I know this is not a popular subject, but it needs to be said. God did not call us to be popular, but to speak His word. God has given me a burden on my heart for Israel, one which will not allow me to remain silent.
Rev. 2:21-23 "And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation except they repent of their deeds. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am He which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works".

1 comment: