Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Be Still

There have been many times in my life that I faced a major battle. Whether it be a battle of faith, or a bad situation, or against another person, it was a battle that I knew I could not win. Of course when you are facing one of those situations that you know you can not overcome, it is very easy to get depressed and give up. However, I serve a loving God, and in His book He gave me a little note to let me know that I have nothing to fear. "Be not afraid nor dismayed...for the battle is not your's but God's." 2 Chr 20:15. Then He goes on in vs 17 to tell me what I am supposed to do in order to overcome the situation, "stand ye still, and see the salvation of the LORD with you".
That can't be all I'm supposed to do, can it? Surely I need to make some phone calls, I need to get on Facebook, and talk bad about that other person, don't I? The first part of vs 17 says, "Ye shall not need to fight in this battle". God is all powerful, He does not need our help. With our limited knowledge if we get involved, we are just going to make things worse, and negate the glory of God in the situation.
"Be still, and know that I AM GOD: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth." Ps 46:10 If He is God, and He is going to be exalted, then why should I get in the way. Rm 8:31 "If God be for us, then who can be against us". What else needs to be said? If no one, or nothing can stand against God, and the battle is His, why am I worried?
Look back at 2 Chr 20, move on over to vs 24 and 25, "Judah...looked unto the multitude, and behold they were dead bodies fallen to the earth, and NONE escaped...and they were three days in gathering of the spoil, it was so much". The people of Judah, trusted God, and they obeyed Him, and He not only took care of the problem, but they spent three days carrying away riches, and precious jewels. He is "able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or (even) THINK".

1 comment:

  1. It's so hard, at times, to BE STILL. I find myself wanting to help God along in a situation that should be left totally with Him. I stop and remind myself that in His timing everything will work out according to His divine plan, but if I'm not careful I will take back what I've left with Him and try to help him out again. Just does not work! He needs NO help.

    ReplyDelete