Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Who are you?

Yesterday, I talked about making some dumb decisions. Anyone that knows me very well knows that I have made some real dumb decisions. Actually I would not even call them decisions, you actually have to think in order to make a decision, and a lot of mine I was just acting and not thinking. If you have read my testimony, you have already read this, but for those who haven’t I’m going to retell it, and for those that have, maybe tell it a little different way.
There was one day a couple of people I knew, asked me if I wanted to go to a party with them, that night. The truth was they needed a ride, not that they were being friendly. So we get to this party, I am sitting on the couch with the drinkers. I drank my fair share however; I did not do any kind of drugs, no coke, or meth, not even marijuana. I had gotten, well let’s just say I wasn’t feeling too much pain. When in my right ear, I hear this still small voice say “All of you are in danger PRAY”. Even at my level of intoxication, I knew immediately who the voice was. I had not prayed in several years, but it did not stop me from starting. Nothing will make you sober up quicker than praying, when the Holy Spirit enters your body, the alcohol is gone. After I started praying, I started wondering “are the cops going to raid us”, “is a car going to run through the side of the house”, and several other things, but my wondering came secondary to praying. I knew that if God was telling ME to pray, it was important.
Then I heard some people running down the hall, a few people came running into the living room, and basically screamed “Who is praying?” Someone else asked what they were talking about; they said that they had been in the back room summoning a demon. This was something they often did, however this time the demon told them that it could not enter the house because someone was praying for protection. That protection even included hiding the identity of the person praying.
Matt. 10:1 tells us “He gave them (the apostles) power against unclean spirits”. Mark 1:24 and 3:11 tells us that the demons recognized Jesus as the Holy One of God, and that He was come to destroy them. We see in Mark 5:1-13, after Jesus cast out some demons, they had to get His permission before they could enter into pigs.
Please do not think that I want any kind of glory from this, I wish I could say this never happened. However I made a dumb decision and put myself in danger. But the Bible says all things work together for good, and there is no way for me to know who might have been possessed that night, had I not been there to pray.
It is only by the grace of God that I was not like the seven sons of Sceva, a chief priest of the Jews. In Acts 19:11-17, we see where the boys got jealous of Paul, and tried to cast out demons in the name of Jesus. The demons responded by asking “I know Jesus, and I know Paul, but who are you?” Casting out demons is not something that just anybody should attempt. It is very dangerous. I don’t know how my faith was strong enough that night, unless it was just because I knew that if God was depending on ME, someone who had not prayed in years, someone that was drunk, then it had to be important, not too mention hearing that still small voice will do wonders for your faith. I just wonder if my faith is that strong all the time.

2 comments:

  1. I believe THIS is an awsome testamony proving that God WILL NEVER LEAVE OR ABANDON us!

    thx for sharing this!
    in Christ,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robby...I agree with Vicki! This really is an awesome testimony, and a good lesson for all of us. God will not leave or abandon us, EVER!!! I appreciate you sharing this with us! It strengthens our faith in the POWER of God!

    ReplyDelete