Thursday, June 17, 2010

A House not built by hands

I have to thank a friend for today's devotional, I have been holding on to this verse for a few days, working on it some, but in no big hurry. Until yesterday she posted this on her facebook profile, and I said, "LORD, I get the hint". Isn't He good at "hinting" at what we need to do? Ps. 127:1 "Except the LORD build the house they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain." In other words, if God is not in it, it will fail, it can do nothing else. But what I want to look at is the second part of the verse, "except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain", unless you have God on your side, you have no hope. Look over at PS 121:1-2, "I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. (I think the poetry in this verse is beautiful). My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth." Where does your help come from?
Now look over at the second part of ch 123:2, "so our eyes wait upon the LORD our God...". Remember when we looked at the word "wait" the other day? I know there are times I have trouble waiting on God, and He just has to remind me that I need to turn my eyes upon Him. Just like He had to do Peter, when he was walking on the water.
In Acts 5, we see where the high priest and his council, were questioning some of the apostles that they had in prison, and a man named Gamaliel stood up and addressed the council. In vs. 38-39 he says, "And now I say unto you, refrain from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsel or this work be of men, it will come to nought: But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God." If the work be of man, it will not succeed. If it be of God, there is nothing you can do about it, it will flourish. What else needs to be said?
One more thing I want to mention this morning, 2 Cor. 5:1 "For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building not made with hands, eternal in the heavens." When this old body dies and decays, I have a new body waiting on me in heaven, a "house" built by God, a body that will last forever, a perfect body. No more pain, no more allergies, no more hunger, no more sickness, Praise God I have a heavenly home waiting on me.

1 comment:

  1. Yes Robby...Praise God for our Heavenly home where there will be no more pain or suffering of any kind! The answer to a prayer was just given to me in this devotion. I so often wonder if God is using me at all in the work of His kingdom. I just found my answer! :-))) Praise His holy name!

    ReplyDelete