Friday, June 18, 2010

Where is your house built

Working from yesterday's devotion, I want to look at Lu. 6:48. I actually like the version in Mt. 7:25 because it goes more in depth to the story, however Luke, even though he gives the facts and nothing but the facts, goes into better detail. The man who hears God word and obeys it, "is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock:". If you remember a week or so ago, we looked at 1 Peter 2:6, where Jesus is described as the cornerstone of the church, and Mt. 16:18 where we, the Christians are called the foundation and building of the church. Now in vs. 49, the man that ignores God's word, is like a man who built his house on sand, which is not a very stable foundation. Actually it can't even be called a foundation.
In 2 Cor 5:1 another a verse we've looked at lately, we see that in heaven we have a house "not made with hands". Jesus tells us in John 14:2 "In my Father's house are many mansions...I go to prepare a place for you." Think about it, right now Jesus is working to build me a mansion, and He could be building one for you too. If you have accepted Him as your LORD and Savior. Just believing that He exist is not good enough, the Bible tells us that the demons believe and tremble, but they are not saved because they believe. You have to make a conscious decision to trust Him, to follow Him, and to obey Him.

On a separate note, Heb. 3:13a "But exhort one another daily...", God finally answered my prayer. I had already decided to keep going, just for myself if no one else. His timing is not our timing, He wanted me to obey, because I knew it was the right thing to do, not because He put a big flashing sign in front of my face. So many times He does this, we should know what His will is, yet for some reason we are unsure about doing it, we are discouraged, lazy, or feel it is beneath us. So He allows us to be tested, and by not answering our prayer right away, our faith is strengthened, because we choose to do it because we know it is His will, not because He acts like a parent dealing with a child (us).

No comments:

Post a Comment