Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Resolve

I am sorry about yesterday, my internet went out Sunday afternoon, and all I had was my phone, and that is a lot of typing to do on a phone.
Right now, I'm kind of feeling like the woman in today's devotion. Several years ago I had an implant put in, it is an electrical stimulator, similar to a pace maker, except there is a battery pack in my hip, with leads attaching to my spinal cord, the electrical impulses interrupt the pain sensations, so I hurt less. Even though the thing is wonderful, about eight weeks after having it put in, I had to go back, because the leads had pulled loose from the spine. For some reason this time, the anesthesia did not work on me, nor were they able to numb the areas using locals. So I was completely awake, and aware of each and every cut, pull, and tug they made on my body. Even as painful as that was, I go through worse pretty often. Anyway, now I have to go back again because the battery pack, has rubbed a hole through my skin, from the inside out. As much as I depend on this thing, I am tempted to tell them to just take it out, I'm tired of being operated on. My resolve has weakened, unlike this woman.
In Matt. 15:24-28, we find Jesus as He left Jerusalem, headed for Tyre and Sidon. When He was approached by a woman of Canaan. Now Canaanites were considered subhuman by the Jews, so when she asked Jesus to cast a demon out of her daughter, she was asking for a lot. Now we all know what Jesus did, he immediately said, Your daughter is healed. No, as a matter of fact, He told her He could only minister to the Jews. She did not back down, she did not turn around and go home, she worshiped Him, and begged even more. Jesus then said something very offensive, He said that you don't take your children's food and give it to dogs. Most of us would get mad and say a few things, and stomp off, not her. She said that is true, but even the dogs get scraps from the masters table. Jesus answered "O woman great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt". And her daughter was free from the demon immediately. Now we see what He was doing, He was testing her faith and resolve. Just as he test ours from time to time.
Do we pass the test, do we stick in there taking the insults, until He smiles and says well done thou good and faithful servant, or do we tuck our tails and run for what we think is safety? I just wonder what He is doing in my life right now, what's He doing in yours?

2 comments:

  1. You can't possibly know how much I needed to hear this today! I'm so quick to give up where my faith is concerned. It is so very weak a large part of the time, mostly because of previous things that have happened in my 57 years of life. Sometimes I just assume there's no point in asking God for things I really need. Yet, I've also seen God do things in my life that only He could do or permit to happen for my benefit. Oh that I would have stronger faith and persistence in my petitions to God! Like you, Robby, I get so tired of things in my life and my resolve weakens, but I need to realize that He has me here for a purpose, so I need to deal with the bad as well as the good and do my best for Him no matter what the cost. God bless you, my brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to hear this again and again. The hardest thing for me is waiting on the Lord. I get impatient and want things done now, in my time. God is working, I just can't always see it.
    Hope you have a good day.

    ReplyDelete