Wednesday, June 16, 2010

How much do you weigh

This morning I want to look at one of the scariest things God could ever say to a person, and something I never want to hear him say to me. Look at Dan. 5:26-28, Daniel is interpreting the dream Belshazzar had of the hand writing on the wall. I want to concentrate on vs. 27, "Thou art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting". In other words Belshazzar came up short, he did not meet the standard, his life was evil, it did not even qualify to be called good. Because of this, God punished him.
God does not want any of us to be wanting, in Rm. 10:13, and Jn. 3:16 both we see where God said that "whosoever" is welcomed. All we have need is a desire to be like Him. In 2 Pet. 3:9 the Bible says, that God "is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." Who is left out when God says "whosoever", and "all"?
Are we listening for God's call? In Mat. 4:19-20, 9:9, and Mrk 3:13 we see where Jesus called the 12 disciples, He walked up to them and said "follow Me", and they immediately dropped what they were doing, and followed Him. I know of several times in my life where He had to call me more than once. There was a few times He even, had to go beyond calling me, and had to get my attention before I would listen. What He wanted of me did not fit into my plan of things. He could have found me wanting, but He gave me one more chance. He is "longsuffering" toward us. However His patience will run out, as it did with Belshazzar.
Lu. 19:10 says that Jesus came to "seek and save". He is still seeking us, are we seeking Him? Are we found wanting? The choice is ours, God does not want to see any of us wanting, but He loves us enough to give us the choice. Look back at Dan. 5, after Daniel interpreted the dream, Belshazzar was so happy that someone had managed to interpret it, and because I don't think he believed Daniel, he made Daniel the third ruler in the kingdom. Then also because he did not believe he did not take any precautions, as a result the enemy snuck into the castle and killed him. Satan is like a roaring lion roaming to and fro seeking whom he may devour. If God weighed us today, would we be found wanting?

No comments:

Post a Comment