Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Dumb Decisions

I have often wondered why I made some of the dumb decisions that I have made. I'm going to start off today looking at two people who made a dumb decision, Acts 5:11. Actually we need to back up to 4:32. People were giving to the work of the church by faith, (this is a good place to start discussing Faith Promise Missions Tithe), but a certain man, Ananias and his wife Sapphira decided that it would be a good idea, to lie to God.
The problem was not that they held back part of the price of the land, but that they lied about it, in order to look good. They were more worried about what man thought about them than what God thought about them. This is an extreme case, but it is exactly what happens when we decide we can fool God.
As I said in the beginning, I've often wondered why I made the decisions, I have made. There never was any question really. I knew why, I just did not want to admit it. Prov 3:5-6 tells us that in every thing we do, every thing we think, we are to trust God, and realize that He is God. He is in control, and that He only wants whats best for us. However, as a young person, and a teenager I did not do this. Why not? Why did I not trust and acknowledge Him? The answer is in James 1:22-25, I was a hearer, and not a doer. I had a form of Godliness, but no substance to back it up. I said what a Christian teenager should say, I went where a Christian teenager should go, I did the things a Christian teenager should do, however I did not think the things a Christian teenager should think. I was trying to live as a Christian under my power, not God's power. I had trusted Him as my Savior, I was a Christian, I had just never developed the deep faith I needed.
My entire childhood, and teen years, there was things that happened, situations I was in that had wounded me. You see, I had failed to put on the whole armor of God. Eph. 6:11-18, describes what the Christian needs to do, what to wear in order to live for God, and avoid the pitfalls Satan puts in our way.
It is not for me to know the reasons, God choose to allow these things to come into my life, nor is it my place to complain about them. It is my place to follow my own advice here today, to live for Christ, and to trust Him to meet all, yes all my needs. That's physical, spiritual, and emotional needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment